Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Role as a Girlfriend

There is not a single day that I don't thank whoever is up there watching me that I am blessed with a wonderful man beside me, but sometimes I just don't feel blessed. I feel stressed! I don't have the privilege of being the one who will be wherever he returns to, and I don't have the privilege of being family he could return to. All I could do is be the best friend I can be to him, and I wish so much that he had the time to show me the same everyday. Unfortunately, responsibilities tie both of us down and it's just not possible. Maybe the whole military life surrounds him everyday, but I am not doing well sharing. I would like to see the face that makes me smile and hear the voice that makes me laugh. I don't know where this will take me, but I have not regret one moment of being this so called military girlfriend. I have learned so much and become such a better person. When there are times like this when I feel the pressure, stress, and exhaustion from being who I am, it's comforting to remember what all that determination is for. It's so one day, I can be with him the way I've always dreamed of. If only he realizes how happy I would be and how I would drop everything in a heart beat just so I could be with him. I still know where I am going, and I already know that it wouldn't be the same without him there. His smile keeps me going everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment